Pik-A-Dilly RV Centre Newsletter – March 28, 2013
Intro/Letter From the Editor – Ryan Main – General Manager
The snow has finally started to melt, and the countdown to May long is officially looking manageable, the phones are getting busy and more and more people started to drop in to look at a new RV. Will you be ready when camping season starts?
We’re ready and fired up for the 2013 camping season here at Pik-A-Dilly. With new models arriving daily and extreme savings on any remaining 2012 models, we are your stop for a new or ‘new to you’ RV this spring. There are big things on the horizon for April, so keep your eyes and ears open for more.
The only sample I’ll give in this newsletter is, if you’re not already, to ‘like’ us on the Facebook page and/or ‘follow’ us on Twitter as we’ll be doing our biggest prize giveaway to date this coming month. If you already like us on Facebook, you still need to register for the contest as we are getting enough likes now that it’s difficult to track.
This month’s newsletter will introduce another new service technician to you all, as well as the standard contributions from the different departments, and Todd will track down another ‘must try’ recipe from his personal cookbook.
As always, should you have any questions or concerns, please call or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any general thoughts or ideas for upcoming newsletters, please call or email Todd at email@example.com. Have a great Easter weekend, we look forward to seeing you this spring!
Sales News – Dave Shepherd – Sales Manager
Spring – According to the calendar it is spring but someone forgot to tell Mother Nature to turn up the thermostat.
That being said, when ordering product, we go by the calendar, and our spring inventory is slated to arrive.
To make room for our incoming inventory, we have some 2012 models left in inventory that have to go.
All offers and all trades will be closely looked at.
Buy now just in time for the beginning of camping and receive Fall Time savings.
For anyone looking to get into the RV lifestyle or wanting to upgrade their current camper, sooner rather than later will save you money.
Parts Department News – Brianne Fulmore – Parts
For the month of April we will be offering some great deals on must have products to start you off for this years camping season.
These Spring deals include:
Toilet Paper Single Rolls- 10 for $10.00 (Tax Included)
Holding Tank Cleaning Chemical (1L)- $10.00 (Tax Included)
Vent Mate Cushion- $10.00 (Tax Included)
15 Gallon Tote-n-stor- $118.00 (Tax Included)
Service News – Heather Arthurson – Service Manager
This month I would like to take the opportunity to welcome and introduce Jason Scaletta to the Pik-A-Dilly family. Jason is one of our new technicians, having started with the company in the winter of 2012, and has quickly become a great asset to our team. As a PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and repair technician, Jason has also been performing customer demonstrations for all of those customers picking up their new RV’s this spring and getting them hooked up and on the road. In his short time with the company, Jason has become very familiar with RV’s and their operation and is gaining new knowledge every day.
Jason is an avid bowler in his spare time, so if you can’t find him working on a trailer, you may be able to find him at the bowling alley. This is the time of year when training our technicians is a top priority to ensure that they are fully prepared for the busy season and Jason has certainly jumped in those shoes and hit the ground running.
Please join us in welcoming Jason to the Pik-A-Dilly team and wish him the best in his RV endeavors.
Recipe of the Month – Cheese Filled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
Warmer temperatures mean BBQ season about to get underway, so here’s a tasty twist on the traditional hot dog for you to try on your grill this camping season. Probably not as healthy as the salad featured last month, but it’s guaranteed to be every bit as delicious.
- All Beef Natural Casing Hot Dog
- Swiss Cheese
- 2 strips of thick cut bacon
- 3-4 toothpicks
- Cut a slit in the hot dog that goes about ¾ of the way through, then stuff as much swiss cheese as you can into the slit.
- Wrap the hot dog with bacon. Start at one end, anchor the bacon with a toothpick, and then start wrapping. When the bacon starts to run out, add another piece of bacon and use a single toothpick to hold both pieces in place. Then continue until the end and use another toothpick to hold the other end in place. Having less toothpicks will make it easier to rotate the hot dog.
- Preheat 1/2 of the grill to medium/high heat. Then place the hot dogs over indirect heat and grill.
- Rotate the hot dogs every 4-5 minutes.
- The whole process is going to take about 20 minutes but it is totally worth it. By doing it over indirect heat and constantly turning you get a crispy piece of bacon that is not raw on the inside. Cooking over direct heat would cook the outside of the bacon and leave the inside raw.
- Finally serve the hot dog on a nice hot dog bun.